Terms & Conditions
Availability of booked services
Flights, experiences, and ground tours are subject to changeable weather conditions enroute, including but not limited to tidal, sea state, prevailing winds, air traffic control, unscheduled maintenance, or closure of infrastructure by private or government parties and/or other influences outside of our control.
In the event of inclement weather or if we are unable to operate the tour or transfer for any reason, Tasmanian Seaplanes will, subject to availability, ensure that guests are offered an alternative destination and/or transferred on the next available day/time window in which the transfer or tour can proceed safely.
Tasmanian Seaplanes will not be held liable for any costs of customers associated with their travel, accommodation or any other matter due to any flight on any aircraft-type which does not proceed as booked or confirmed.
Minimum passenger numbers
All experiences have a specified minimum number of passengers. We reserve the right to cancel a flight or experience, or re-schedule a booked flight/experience when minimum passenger numbers are not met.
Itineraries and aircraft
All flights and flight paths are subject to prevailing weather, tidal conditions and availability; therefore itineraries and the aircraft used are subject to change without notice.
All Flights, tour and experience times are an approximate indication only and are subject to change without notice.
Private and Shared tours
Other than privately booked charters or flight experiences, Privacy is not guaranteed on any experience and may be subject to a shared experience. Private experiences can be requested and extra fees may apply.
Prices and GST
Prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST.
- A booking is not confirmed until required payment has been received in full. Payment is required at time of booking.
- Credit Card surcharges may apply depending on card service provider.
- The company reserves the right to vary the price for any flight.
Children and infants
- Children are classified as 3- 13 years of age inclusive, must be accompanied by an adult on the flight. Prices applicable.
- Infants under the age of 3 are able to fly at no charge.
- Infants are classified as being 0 to 2 years of age. One infant may travel free of charge on a parent’s lap in the rear of the aircraft – at our discretion. There are limits on how many infants can be carried per aircraft.
Passenger and baggage weight
- Scenic Flights, Experiences and Tours:
Up to 4 kg of carry-on items can be carried on board per passenger.
- Transfer or Services:
A total baggage weight restriction of 23kg applies.
Excess baggage may incur extra fees. Excess baggage availability is not guaranteed.
- Passenger weight limit:
For legal and safety reasons, all passengers are weighed prior to boarding.
The maximum allowable weight per individual is 130kg to comply with the manufacturer’s seat weight limit.
Anyone exceeding this weight will be unable to fly.
- All flights are subject to a pilot assessment of the weather and water conditions.
- Inclement weather will not necessarily result in the cancellation of any flight.
- Covid-19 related cancellation: https://aboveandbeyond.flights/covid-safety-plan/
Flight cancellations made by confirmed passengers:
- Notice provided more than 48 hrs prior to booking; NO cancellation fee incurred.
- Notice within 48 hrs but not within 24 hrs of booking: 50% cancellation incurred.
- Notice within 24 hrs of booking or no show: NO refund available.
Charter & Destination Flights
- Notice provided more than 7 days of travel date: NO cancellation fee incurred.
- Notice within 7 days of travel date, but not within 48 hrs of booking: 50% cancellation incurred.
- Notice within 48 hours of booking but not within 24 hours: 75% cancellation incurred.
- Notice within 24 hours of booking or no show: NO refund available.
In the event that Tasmanian Seaplanes pty Ltd cancels a flight:
Due to weather or aircraft serviceability we will reschedule your flight or refund your tour cost. Refunds for payment made through booking agents must be sought from the booking agent.
*Please Note: Assessment of the suitability of the weather for the flight to proceed will be entirely up to the Pilot in command.